There is a Minor Injuries Unit in South Tyrone Hospital and Armagh Community Hospital. This service is for anyone over one year of age who has a minor injury.
South Tyrone Hospital MIU opening hours
9am to 9pm, Monday to Friday
9am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday.
The Minor Injuries Unit can treat the following conditions only:
- Minor lacerations and cuts
- Bites and stings
- Minor burns/ scalds
- Minor eye problems
- Broken bones, sprains, bruises and wounds
- Abscesses and wound infections
- Minor head injuries
- Broken noses and nosebleeds
People with the following conditions cannot be treated and should go to their nearest Accident and Emergency Department.
- Asthma / shortness of breath
- Epileptic seizure
- Chest Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest infection
- Foreign bodies in the eyes and nose